Dear JAC Family,
The Wisconsin mask mandate has been extended until November 21st. Neck gaiters are a good option for breathability. In an effort to make all members feel safe we ask that all members do their best to wear a mask or neck gaiter. Please respect each other’s personal space and make sure your mask is pulled up if you come within 6 feet of another member. If you have a concern that someone is in your personal space (6 feet x 6 feet) without a mask please let the front desk know. Please do not address another member on your own as this could make them uncomfortable. Following are the exceptions that may prevent someone from wearing a mask: trouble breathing, a medical condition, intellectual or developmental disability, mental health condition, or other sensory sensitivities . Below are some frequently asked questions and answers on the State of Wisconsin website per the Wisconsin mask mandate and Wisconsin Department of Health:
Q. I have a medical condition that prevents me from wearing a face covering. Do I need documentation to prove that I don’t need to wear a face covering?
A. No, you are not required to carry documentation to prove that you do not need to wear a face covering.
Q. What do I do if I see someone not wearing a face covering?
A. Nothing. Some people have conditions or circumstances that would make wearing a face covering difficult or dangerous. Just wear your mask and stay 6 feet away.
Q. What does it mean to be a “close contact” of someone with COVID-19?
A. You are a “close contact” if ANY of the following situations happened while you spent time with the person with COVID-19 (even if they didn’t have symptoms):
- Had direct physical contact with the person (e.g., hug, kiss, handshake).
- Were within 6 feet of the person for more than 15 minutes.
- Had contact with the person’s respiratory secretions (e.g., coughed/sneezed on, contact with dirty tissue, sharing a drinking glass, food or towels or other personal items)
- Stayed overnight for at least one night in a household with the person.
Q. Can I get Covid-19 from someone else’s sweat?
We have many advantages compared to other gyms that we are very thankful for:
- JAC is one of the largest health clubs in the state with over 80,000 square feet. Our equipment is all safely distanced and there is plenty of room to have your own personal space.
- JAC has increased the amount of fresh air we bring in to the club by over 50% above average which allows us to change out the air inside the club frequently.
- JAC has windows that can be opened during the cooler months
- JAC has a high quality filtration system with filters that are changed frequently to keep the air clean
- JAC uses an electrostatic sprayer to disinfect with hospital grade disinfectant
- JAC has hand sanitizer stations in all areas of the club
- JAC has Door touchpoints covered with Nanoseptic continuously self-cleaning surfaces
- JAC has many touchless amenities
We commend you for keeping your physical and mental wellbeing a priority. As we know through scientific studies, exercise reduces stress, strengthens your immune system and helps you to fight off illness and disease. As always thank you for being a part of our family!