Hi JAC Family,
We are so happy to be a part of your life and your health and wellness is extremely important to us. While distancing may be a part of our new normal, wellness and connection remain more important than ever – and having a safe place to boost our immune systems as well as our mental and physical health through exercise is vital to our well being.
It has always been our goal to provide a clean and well organized environment for all to come and enjoy. Since we have been closed we have been improving on these standards so that we can be better and safer than ever! We are pleased to present our re-opening guidelines and the JAC Member Protect Cleaning System.
Please review the following pages to familiarize yourself with our new procedures. We cannot wait to see you and get you back to working out!
New Safety Improvements in the works
- New hand sanitizer stations throughout the club
- New touchless faucets
- New touchless paper towel dispensers
- Covering door touchpoints with Nanoseptic continuously self-cleaning surfaces
- Equipment spread out for safe social distancing
- Increased ventilation
- Advance check in for all group fitness classes so we can ensure safe social distancing. We will even be live streaming all classes so you can work out from home whenever you prefer.
- Staff training on enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols using EPA registered Virex Hospital Grade Disinfectant that effectively kills coronavirus
- A small towel is available at check in to make disinfecting easy, you can even use your towel to open doors. Spray bottles with Virex Hospital Grade Disinfectant are available throughout the club. Please clean the touch points of each piece of equipment before and after use.
Employee Protective Measures
- Temperature, symptom, and screening checks will be performed before each shift.
- There will be added hand sanitizer near the employee workspaces.
- Staff are required to stay home if ill, have related symptoms, or any Covid 19 contacts.
- Staff will wear JAC protective masks.
- Staff will have their own workstation which they will disinfect with Virex Hospital Grade Disinfectant at the beginning of their shift and clean their workspace continuously.
- Employees will be trained on our new cleaning protocols to be used throughout the club to include:
- Cleaning with soap and warm water
- Disinfecting frequently with Virex Hospital grade disinfectant
- Disinfecting and deep cleaning the club after hours using electrostatic sprayer and Virex Hospital grade disinfectant
Safety Improvements for each Exercise Area
We are fortunate to have the largest club in town so we can spread out for optimal social distancing. Following are our safety improvements and member guidelines and expectations for each area.
Cardio Fitness Floor
- Equipment is either spaced out for distancing or will be used on an every other machine basis so we can have safe distancing.
- We are cleaning all equipment with EPA registered Virex Hospital Grade Disinfectant and we are deep cleaning daily. We ask for your participation by wiping down the equipment before and after each use.
- You will find a large number of disinfectant bottles and paper towels available for your use throughout the club.
- Our summer schedule will start Monday June 8th. We will get the schedule out as soon as we can.
- Advance check in will be available 24 hours before group fitness classes to ensure safe class size and safe distancing. During phase one of the Rock County reopening plan, class size for group fitness will be capped at 20. Cycling will have 12 bikes but many classes will be changed to two 30 minute classes to accommodate more members. Please sign up for only one class per day so all can participate.
- We ask that all class participants clean their equipment with soap and water(provided in spray bottles) and then disinfect with our Virex Hospital Grade Disinfectant(also in spray bottles) before class. At the end of class we ask that you disinfect the items you used with the Virex Hospital Grade Disinfectant.
- 50 minute classes will be shortened to 45 minutes to allow extra cleaning time.
- We ask that you situate yourself so that you will have a 10 foot x 10 foot radius around you at all times. Even if you feel comfortable with closer contact please be respectful that someone else may not be comfortable with that.
- Advance check in will be available 24 hours before group fitness classes to ensure safe class size and safe distancing.
- The pools will be open and we will use the same social distancing guidelines as the other spaces in the club.
- Water classes will be capped at 12 participants per class during phase one.
- The sanitizing process used to keep water clean is effective at destroying viruses so the pools will be available for use consistent with government orders and guidelines.
- Outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool area to promote cleanliness, however, water shoes or water flip flops are allowed.
- Signs will be posted indicating access and capacity thresholds with more details coming.
- Private personal training will take place with the proper social distancing during all 1:1 sessions.
- Alloy Team Training will resume June 8th
- Staff members will clean all equipment before and after each use with Virex Hospital Grade Disinfectant. You will be able to have complete peace of mind so you can focus entirely on your training and crushing your goals!
- If you are uncomfortable with a personal training experience right now we have virtual training available for you.
- Equipment is spaced out and reorganized to provide for safe distancing. You will find some equipment located on the tennis courts for an even more safe and distanced workout. New equipment is coming! Please do not move workout benches as this can disrupt the social distancing guidelines.
- Please practice safe distancing in between sets.
- Equipment will be consistently disinfected and cleaned in addition to our deep clean process. We ask that you also participate in this process by disinfecting before and after your use of equipment. You will find disinfectant and paper towels available for this use.
The locker rooms have and will continue to be a focal point for intensive cleaning efforts.
- Saunas will be temporarily closed during phase one.
- Certain lockers will be closed off to provide adequate social distancing.
- Sanitizer spray bottles and paper towels will be available to use on all contact surface areas by members.
- Frequent sanitization of shared surfaces using Virex Hospital Grade Disinfectant will take place.
- Please practice social distancing and wait to access locker bays, restrooms, hallways and showers until adequate spacing is available.
- We ask all members and staff to please wash hands before and after use of the facilities.
- Game play will not be permitted during phase one.
- Use of the basketball hoops for individual shooting while practicing social distancing is allowed. Bringing and using your own basketball is required.
The kids club will remain closed during phase one of the Rock County Reopening plan.
Member Code of Conduct
We want this re-opening to be a success and for each member and employee to feel safe and well cared for. This will require each member to participate in their own safety as well as the safety of all members and employees. Please read these new guidelines so we can all have a terrific workout experience.
- ALWAYS stay home and rest and recover if you are sick. If you have any elevation in temperature or if someone in your home is sick, please stay home. If you have allergies and cannot control sneezing please stay home.
- Check in scanners will be touchless and mounted closer to the front entry of the club. Please wait in line with the appropriate social distance.
- To facilitate safe distancing, members will be asked to enter through the front door and to exit through the 24 hour door which is in the cardio room.
- When walking through the club, maintain physical distancing when possible. This may require you to wait for others to pass through a hallway or door or stairway.
- Limit the items you touch in the gym to only the items you will use.
- Please wear a mask as you enter and leave the building. Consider wearing a mask during your workout and when walking through the club.
- Avoid using lifting gloves or other personal items that are not easily cleaned.
- Wipe down each piece of equipment before and after you use it, using a club supplied small towel or fresh paper towels and the Virex hospital grade disinfectant. Please dispose of the used paper towels appropriately.
- Wash your hands before and after you leave the facility. If it is not possible to wash your hands, use hand sanitizer when you enter and before you leave.
- The drinking fountains and Culligan water dispensers will not be available during phase one. Please bring your own water bottle. We will have 20 oz. waters on sale for $1 until our drinking fountains become available.
- Please bring your membership card or install the JAC APP for check-ins so that you can use the touchless check in option.
- Disposable masks will be available for $1. JAC washable masks will be available for $7 (our cost).
- All membership dues were frozen as soon as we were informed of the mandatory shut down. All membership dues will resume in June(we will reopen on May 27th at 9 am). All members will receive credit for any time they paid for while we were in mandatory shut down.
- For the safety of our members, guests will not be allowed in the club during phase one.
- If showering is necessary, please bring your own towel. We are hopeful that this will only be during phase one.
- Bring your own basketballs and soccer balls during phase one.
- The club will open at 9am on Wednesday May 27th and will then continue to be open 24 hours a day. Let’s all do our best to abide by these procedures so we will get to phase 2 in a timely manner. We look forward to seeing you!